Friday, August 17, 2007

Nice try, lightning!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Ok so today I almost got struck by lightning... in a fairly round-about manner.

I was up on a ladder running all the audio/video wires in our training room while teaching a class. (Hey I have been meaning to do that for a while now and I decided to kill two birds with one stone! Plus I hate birds, and I love stones.)

So anyway, at the very moment that I plugged the power cable into the ceiling mounted outlet, there was a huge bang, a bright flash next to my face and lots of screaming and gasping, because lightning had just struck the building. So luckily, I had just pulled my hand away within a second of the lightning's attempt on my life! Then Jennifer told me that she felt a shock through her laptop's keyboard, and the lights in my bosses office had shattered from the surge, and the receptionist's monitor is now only showing red and not green and blue.

None of that matters however, because I avoided certain death by mere... half seconds! Maybe two at the most. MAYBE. Better luck next time, nature.

2 comments:

Eric and Jen said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

jordanpudlo said...

Can I please tell you that 1. I didn't even know this existed and 2. you're funny